Deciding to take protein powder supplements is an easy choice to make, since it can be rather tedious and expensive to stick to meat options just for protein.
Opting for organic plant-based protein sources also make a lot of sense, and it’s an imperative for vegans and vegetarians.
One of the most popular brands for this supplement is PlantFusion, and thousands of people have bought and sued their stuff.
There are plenty of PlantFusion protein powder versions available, but quite a few people opt for the Complete version instead of the other types.
Features of PlantFusion Complete
So exactly why is PlantFusion Complete so popular? Let’s check out its key features:
- This gives you 21 grams of protein. The sources of the protein are varied, as the protein powder contains a protein blend with PlantFusion ingredients that includes pea protein isolate, organic sprouted quinoa powder, organic sprouted amaranth powder, and artichoke.
- The protein blend is also infused with amino acids, so you get 4.5 g of BCAAs along with 3.35 g of L-glutamine. The amino acids profile is pretty much complete (hence the name of the version). There aren’t any missing needed amino acids here.
- This also contains a unique 100 mg enzyme blend, with naturally occurring enzymes including bromelain and Alpha Galactosidase.
- The quality control is terrific, as it’s made in a PlantFusion facility that’s USDA organic-certified. This is non-GMO, and it doesn’t contain any major allergens. It doesn’t contain any dairy, nor any gluten, soy, nuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, and tree nuts. There are also no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and flavors.
- This works well for those on a low calorie diet. It only contains 120 calories. At least if you add it to your smoothies, you don’t have to add too many calories that may upset your calorie intake.
- It’s free of gluten, dairy, and soy. There aren’t any pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides, and any antibiotics, hormones, and sewer sludge either. It’s certified vegan, organic, and even kosher. It’s non-GMO too.
- This comes in 5 different flavors. Aside from the unflavored option, you can also get chocolate, chocolate raspberry, cookies and crème, and Plant Fusion vanilla.
Let’s see why a lot of the PlantFusion review articles you find on the Complete Protein Powder are so positive:
- It’s great for any kind of restrictive diet, including low-calorie, vegan, vegetarian, or even kosher. Sometimes it’s hard to know whether a supplement is allowed with some of the diet restrictions, so it’s a relief to know that this will be perfectly acceptable no matter what.
- It offers 20 g of protein per serving, which is a sizable amount compared to some other protein powder. It’s enough to help keep you fit when you’re on a vegan diet when protein can be difficult to obtain without supplementation. It also helps you gain lean muscle.
- This has plenty of BCAAs, so there’s really no need to buy a separate BCAA supplement.
- This gives you lots of glutamine as well.
- It doesn't have any junk ingredients at all, as it’s completely “clean”.
So are there any reasons why you may hesitate to get it? There are 2 potential issues that you need to deal with first.
- For most people, the taste will key issue
It’s not that it tastes bad; in fact for most people the taste isn’t the problem. The issue here is that there are only 5 different flavors available, and one of them is actually unflavored.
Your other options are vanilla along with chocolate variants like chocolate, cookies and crème, and chocolate raspberry. There aren’t any fruity options.
The flavor is also a bit sweet for some, so you may want to use this for your smoothies.
- The other issue is the 390 mg of sodium it contain
Lots of food already contains too much sodium, and adding this extra amount can be problematic. The AHA puts the ideal limit on sodium at just 1,500 mg and you should go past 2,300 mg of sodium.
Of course, your body needs sodium. You just don’t need too much of. In fact, your body actually needs less than 500 mg of sodium a day to maintain your health.
So if you’re on a low sodium diet, it’s probably a very good idea to discuss the sodium content of this protein powder first before you use it as a supplement.
Having lots of BCAAs is one of the benefits of drinking the Plant PlantFusion Complete Plant Protein.
- It’s been found that those who consume more BCAAs tend to have bigger muscles and less body fat than those who aren’t taking enough BCAAs. They’re generally slimmer, and it’s been found that BCAAs help fight obesity by discouraging food consumption and encouraging muscle-building.
- The BCAAs also helps you to maintain a proper hormone balance. Such a hormone balance allows you to handle extreme workout loads.
- They also improve muscle protein synthesis. Your muscle tissues absorb and burn the BCAAs for energy so that they’re able to use the protein more effectively for building bigger muscles. When you take your BCAAs (especially leucine), you can boost protein synthesis by 145%.
Some supplements only offer leucine because of this effect, but the problem is that leucine actually doesn’t help as much without a proper ratio with other BCAAs.
- In addition, lots of BCAAs minimize muscle loss. This is crucial if you’re an athlete and you want to retain your muscles during an enforced break from workouts such as an injury. It’s also great if you simply don’t have time to work out during a busy workplace period. The BCAAs stimulate your muscle tissues to absorb protein even when you’re not exercising a lot.
When you preserve your lean muscles, you’re then able to keep up your metabolism. You’re also able to keep your body from gaining too much fat.
- You’re also able to build muscle even when you’re getting older. Older people find it more difficult to build muscles because at that age they’re not as able to activate protein synthesis. This tendency, an addition to a common practice of consuming less amounts of protein, generally lead to muscle loss after the age of 35.
- BCAAs also boosts help you boost your strength development when you work out. One study discovered this when the leucine group boosted their strength by an average of 31% compared to the placebo group.
- They also improve your endurance and minimize your fatigue. The BCAAs themselves can be burned as energy, plus it encourages fat burning so you can get the compensating energy you need when you’re on a low-calorie diet.
It reduces fatigue by inhibiting the tryptophan in your brain. Tryptophan is needed to make serotonin in your brain, which then tells your brain that you’re tired.
- They also reduce muscle soreness. This is not only a good thing in and of itself, since no one really likes to suffer any muscle soreness when it’s not necessary. Also, the reduction in muscle soreness can enable you to work out more frequently, so you’re better able to achieve your fitness goals.
- BCAAs also improve insulin levels. This can reduce the risk of diabetes.
Some athletes take BCAA supplements for all these reasons, in addition to their protein powder. Now you don’t need to make a separate purchase for BCAAs because they’re already part of the complete formula.
Glutamine supplements are quite beneficial in so many ways.
You need glutamine because you deplete your glutamine levels during exercise, and that’s partly the reason why you lose strength and stamina and you’re not able to recover faster.
The glutamine also enables your body to better secrete HGH to help burn off fat and encourage new muscle growth.
It also prevents the breakdown of muscles, which helps bodybuilders during their cutting phase.
If you’re looking for a plant based protein powder, this is a great choice.
It seems like a pretty obvious conclusion, with so many rave PlantFusion protein powder review articles written by experts and customers.
There’s nothing wrong with the taste either.
With the protein supplement, you’re able to get massive nutrients to compensate for your vegan diet so you remain healthy. It also gives you the extra protein you need for bigger muscles.
This provides you with the extra energy you will want to work out more vigorously, or to help you get through a busy workday.
This helps with weight loss because it helps you manage your appetite.
Drinking this everyday can encourage you to take smaller portions during meal times. You’re also less likely to have cravings for sinful snacks in between meals.
The PlantFusion Complete is also great if you want to recover more readily from your strenuous workouts.
This will allow you to work out more frequently. Even if you’re not too diligent in working out, this will also enable you to handle the stress of your work.
The price is reasonable as well.
There are plenty of good reasons why PlantFusion Complete is a favorite of so many, so it’s a good option to try when you’re looking for plant-based protein powder.
Amazon Disclosure: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”