If you are interested in optimizing heart health, performance and fitness, nitric oxide supplements just may be the right choice for you.
Nitric oxide is a gas synthesized naturally in our bodies with the chemical formula NO. It is a cell signaling molecule that transmits messages from one cell to another.
Its major function is to cause vasodilation i.e. widening blood vessels and improving blood flow through them.
The benefits of nitric oxide cannot be overstated.
It can by performing its function reduce blood pressure, improve libido, improve performance and help optimize exercises and workout routines.
The increased blood flow caused by nitric oxide will also increase the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the sites that need it.
As a result of this, nitric oxide will cause an increase in muscle mass, muscle strength, performance and fitness by two mechanisms;
- Vasodilation causes improvement in oxidation and nutrient supply increasing muscle size, strength, performance and fitness.
- Also, improved performance as a result of vasodilation puts more stress on the muscles causing faster breakdown and speedier buildup of muscle tissue and consequently giving you massive muscle gains.
In order to get quicker results than can be produced by eating foods rich in nitrates, people looking to optimize performance should also use Nitric Oxide booster supplements.
10 Best Nitric Oxide Supplements
Let's serve the current best 10 NO-2 brands over 96% of our readers proudly voted as the top Nitric Oxide booster brands helping them improve over fitness, part of their gym / bodybuilding stacks, energy boosting and endurance enhancement.
One of the selling points of NiacinMax is that it delivers the niacin to your cells almost instantly, and you get the optimal dose.
That’s not what happens when you take the other traditional supplements.
The more conventional niacin supplements have to go through your digestive system first.
That takes more time, and so there’s a delay of about 2 to 4 hours.
Meanwhile, your stomach destroys or excretes a large percentage of the nutrients, so that very little goes to your cells.
In contrast, NiacinMax avoids your digestive system. It’s a fine spray, and when you use it the spray dissolves on your tongue.
It doesn’t really go through your stomach because your body absorbs the niacin through the mucosal tissue in your mouth.
This way, you get your niacin in just a few minutes.
Niacin is also encapsulated with liposomal.
This protects it from any sort of damage from either your body or the environment. So instead of having up to 90% of the active ingredients excreted by your body, virtually the full dose is preserved.
That’s why the NiacinMax contains just 15mg of niacin per dose. It’s still a stronger dose than the 100mg of niacin you get from other brands. That’s because with the 90% of the dose taken away, you’re left with just 10mg.
- It’s the most powerful and fastest working niacin supplement in the market.
- You get more oxygen to the brain to boost your focus.
- It really increases your HGH levels, which improves your muscle growth, fat loss, and recovery.
- It helps with the blood flow to your muscles, thereby reducing fatigue and boosting your energy levels.
- It works fast.
- There are no side effects.
- You can take it without any liquid.
- The peppermint taste is nice.
It will still give you a niacin flush, although it will only last for a few minutes. As your body gets used to NiacinMax, the flush will also be less intense.
Directions for Use
You can take a dose first thing in the morning before breakfast, and then you should take full advantage of it by working out after 3 to 5 hours. A second dose is recommended about 3 to 4 hours before you head to bed at night.
|CLICK To Order Niacin-Max Supplement Directly from Approved Site|
This comes from the famous Crazy Bulk, which specializes in creating safe alternatives to dangerous PEDs.
Thus, what you have here is a safe and effective nitric oxide booster that you can really trust. It contains a massive 1.800mg dose of L-arginine, along with 80mg of calcium.
The fact that this NO2 doesn’t hide behind proprietary blends is one of the strong points of Crazy Bulk. It’s also eminently simple in its formula, while it’s also easy to use.
The benefits are clear and there are tons of testimonials to back up their claims. Crazy Bulk built up its reputation the old-fashioned way—by providing a product that works safely while the price remains reasonable.
When you take this, it really boosts your natural nitric oxide levels. That’s because it’s a vasodilator so it causes your blood vessels to relax and become wider.
This increases the blood flow to your muscles, and that means more oxygen and nutrients for those muscles. You then get to enjoy the benefits of those nutrients when you take the NO2 before you work out.
- You increase your strength, so you can lift heavier weights to really build up your muscles.
- Your energy increases, which keeps you working intensely for longer periods of time.
- There’s no need for prescriptions and needles, as you only take tablets.
- The results last much longer and there’s no crash to endure.
- You can live anywhere in the world and the NO2 will be delivered to you.
- It’s proven effective.
- It’s very safe.
- You only take tablets.
- There’s worldwide delivery.
- You can really maximize your performance.
You need to have some water available to swallow the tablets.
Directions for Use
Just take 2 of these tablets with some water, about 20 minutes before you begin your workout. This should be taken for 2 months straight to make sure it takes effect.
Of course, it’s a supplement and not a replacement for a good diet with the right exercise program.
This time, you get 2 types of L-arginine (hydrochloride and alpha-ketoglutarate) with 1,100 mg each.
This is bolstered by the addition of 600mg of L-citrulline, which the body then converts into L-arginine that creates nitric acid.
This is a rare addition, and in fact it’s unlikely that you’ll find another NO booster that contains this special ingredient in its formula.
Finally, there’s also 200mg of pine bark extract.
It’s not just an antioxidant, but it helps with blood flow as it inhibits clotting even better than aspirin.
It also helps improve athletic performance.
These ingredients are the really key to what makes Sheer NO so powerful and popular.
There’s no guesswork to the formula, as they’re all scientifically proven to work.
Their advertising cites the precise scientific journals and articles supporting their chosen ingredients.
It also helps that the Sheer NO is made right here in the US, instead of some other country where the quality control standards are rather suspect.
In fact, Sheer Strength Labs is so confident of their product that this comes with a “satisfaction or your money back” guarantee.
- This increases the blood flow to your muscles, and so they’re stronger and less likely to get tired more quickly.
- The increased blood flow to your brain also makes you more alert and focused.
- You’re able to lift heavier weights, which can accelerate the speed of your muscle growth and weight loss efforts.
- It even helps with erectile dysfunction and blood sugar issues.
- You can use it as part of a Building Stack with Sheer Build.
- You just need to take 4 capsules per serving.
- It lists the ingredients plus the precise dosages for each.
- It’s made in the US.
- The vast majority if customer reviews rave about it.
- You’ll especially appreciate the benefits if you’re past 40 years of age.
Since you need to take 4 capsules, you better make sure you have some water available to swallow the lot.
Directions for Use
Just take 4 capsules per serving once a day before you work out. Each bottle has 120 capsules, so it’s good for about a month.
The 2-stage claim isn’t a gimmick here, since the problem it solves is actually very real.
With regular preworkout supplements, at best you can hope for a burst of energy that can help you expend a lot of effort into your workout.
The thing is that the body is remarkably adaptable. It adapts to the effects, and so you don’t feel that rush later on.
So instead of giving you a heady explosion of energy right at the start but will dissipate fairly soon, this way involves 2 stages instead.
The use of the 2 stages spaces out the delivery of the energy you need, so that you can finish your workout or your athletic game.
It also keeps your body from adapting very quickly to the effects of the supplement.
- You enjoy the steady supply of energy you need to finish your workouts without ending with a whimper. Instead of gaining manic energy at the start and then tapering off, this time you’re stronger for the duration.
- This boosts your pumps and work capacity to really maximize the results of your workout efforts.
- The increased blood flow helps boost your drive and mental focus.
- It reduces lactic acid buildup and soreness.
- It keeps you from feeling dependent on the supplement.
- This contains much needed electrolytes that maintain your proper hydration and pH levels while it also reduces oxidation. This will improve your recovery.
- It’s a highly publicized product with a bunch of “Ambassadors”, including a Mr. Natural Olympia and a Mr. Olympia Classic Physique, along with other notables like physiotherapy coaches.
- For those with certain dietary restrictions, it’s also gluten-free and non-GMO.
- The ingredients and dosages are all listed.
- It’s been independently tested.
- It’s made in the US, and in a factory that’s CGMP-quality certified.
- There are no side effects and no jitters too.
- This comes in powder form, and you have to drink it. For some people, the flavor isn’t to their liking.
- This contains caffeine, and some people are rather sensitive to it.
Directions for Use
You just mix a serving with lots of water. It’s that simple.
This involves two types of arginine (alpha-ketoglutarate and ketoisocaporate) along with ornithine and glutamine.
Probably what’s more important is that it’s from the famed Crazymass brand. This brand made its mark in the industry by creating natural alternatives to more dangerous (and often banned) supplements and drugs.
This time, they have the formula that encourages the body to increase its natural production of nitric oxide.
- This boosts blood flow so that oxygen is transported more efficiently to your muscles and brain.
- It encourages strength gains.
- It increases your stamina and endurance, so you can work out strenuously without getting tired prematurely.
- It helps build lean muscle.
- It speeds up your recovery time.
- If you’re in the US or Canada, the shipping is free.
- It’s remarkably effective.
- It can work as part of a stack with other Crazymass supplements.
- The effects last longer and there’s no crash to worry about.
- You just need to take 3 capsules, so there aren’t any complicated delivery systems like injections.
- It’s completely legal.
- You can buy 2 bottles and get the 3rd one free.
- It’s annoying that there’s no transparency regarding the precise dosages of the ingredients in the blend.
Direction for Use
You just need to take 3 capsules once a day with your meal. That seems to be it. No fuss or anything, though to get the best results you ought to stick to it for at least 8 weeks.
6) Legion Pulse Pre Supplement (Order on AMAZON)
Since this contains citrulline, it’s a nitric oxide booster.
The body turns the citrulline into arginine and that’s responsible for the boost in nitric oxide.
The ornithine helps in this regard as well.
But then that’s not all the Legion Plus is, because it contains lots more ingredients for more benefits.
This comes with caffeine, and that’s the only stimulant in the mix.
To keep you from feeling any crash or jitters, it also has theanine to mitigate the effects of caffeine.
So the energy rush you get is very smooth. The theanine also works with the citrulline to provide you the pumps for your workout.
Then there’s the beta-alanine, and this ingredient is responsible for reducing the fatigue that you inevitably feel when you work out hard.
This boosts your anaerobic capacity and also increases your workload so you can really build bigger muscles.
Finally, there’s Betaine as well. It’s another natural compound found in beets, and it works with Betaine to boost your strength and muscle endurance.
- It boosts blood flow to your muscles.
- It helps increase muscle endurance while relieving muscle soreness.
- It reduces fatigue, and also stimulates the burning of fat for energy.
- It increases your strength.
- You get the steady supply of energy you need to finish your workout.
- The ingredients were all chosen because of the scientific evidence.
- It’s naturally sweetened.
- There are no chemicals such as dyes in the formula.
- It’s made in the US.
- There’s a 60-day money back guarantee.
You have to mix this with water to drink it, and for some that’s somewhat bothersome. Lots of people would rather take capsules instead.
Directions for Use
Each serving involves 2 scoops of the stuff, to be mixed with water. That’s the suggested dose if you’re doing intense weight lifting or cardio for more than 45 minutes.
But you can start with just 1 scoop first for 10 to 12 ounces of water.
This is best to gauge your body’s response to it, and it’s also the right dose for regular cardio or weight training.
Take it about 15 to 30 minutes before you work out.
7) Extra Strength L-Arginine (Order on AMAZON)
L-arginine is one of the proven ways to get a boost in your nitric oxide levels.
So it must be extra good when the L-arginine is supposed to be “extra strength”.
That’s because it combines 2 forms of arginine (Arginine HCI & Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate) with Citrulline, which the body then transforms into more arginine.
You get 400 mg for each, ingredient, so that’s 1200mg total for your NO booster.
- This relaxes your blood vessels, which leads to better blood circulation. Thus, all your muscles and organs get the oxygen and nutrients they need to perform at peak efficiency.
- This boosts your energy levels, so you can really work out with even greater intensity. This will help you attain your health goal, whether it’s to lose weight or build bigger muscles.
- This increases your endurance as well, so you won’t get tired that quickly.
- These are all proven ingredients, so it’s not a surprise that they work.
- It’s in capsule form, and that’s much easier to consume than powder mixed with water.
- The vast majority of customers attest to how effective this supplement really is, and there are thousands of them.
Quite a lot of other NO boosters offer larger dosages, so calling this “extra strength” may be a bit of a stretch.
Directions for Use
Just take 2 capsules about 20 to 30 minutes before your workout. Take it with 8 ounces of water, and you’re good to go.
Lots of these supplements are for regular folks, and they may contain ingredients that vegetarians and vegans may not approve of.
But this one is for vegetarians as well.
Of course, that’s not the only thing going for it.
It does have the L-arginine you need so you can really increase the nitric oxide levels in your system.
That provides the benefits you need to really go all out for your workouts.
- You can exercise more intensely.
- Your strength and performance improves for your workout.
- Your energy levels go up too.
- This promotes fat burning so you gain lean muscle while you get rid of excess fat.
- There’s no doubt about how it works, as you can see it for yourself.
- It increases your strength, energy, and stamina.
- It helps to build muscle and burn off fat.
- It’s great for vegetarians.
- It’s easy to consume.
It doesn’t seem to give a clue as to the dosage. It must be a lot, since it works for most people.
Directions for Use
You just need to take a tablet before each main meal, so that’s a total of 3 tablets a day. You should make sure that you take it on an empty stomach first before you proceed to eat.
Here’s another extremely popular preworkout supplement that provides the utmost satisfaction the most if its users.
This comes in powder form, and you can just mix it with water first before you drink it.
Once you do, you’ll notice that your energy levels have increased, and you also enjoy greater strength and endurance.
Even your mental focus will be sharper.
This contains proven ingredients, including citrulline, Betaine, beta alanine, theanine, and caffeine.
- You’ll get the energy you need to work out with much greater intensity.
- You’ll be stronger and less prone to get tired too quickly.
- You can concentrate better on what you’re doing, and you’ll feel more determined.
- It helps with both muscle building and fat burning.
- It works, and lots of people can confirm this with their reviews.
- Using powder means you can tailor the dosage to your needs.
- It actually tastes nice.
- There are no crashes.
It can be a bit inconvenient to prepare, especially when you’re in the gym and there’s no handy glass you can use.
Directions for Use
Start with 1 scoop first, and then mix it with 6 to 16 ounces of water.
Drink this about half an hour before your workout.
After a few days when your body has adjusted to it, you can increase the dosage to 2 scoops per serving.
This isn’t just natural, it’s also organic too.
This means that the extracts came from beets that were grown in optimum conditions, so you can get the best quality possible.
While this contains amino acids and vitamin b12 that can help, what really will strike your fancy is the amount of nitrates it offers.
It’s not just 10% more than the leading brand.
It contains 10 times more than the leading brand. It’s like getting the nitrates from 10 servings, all in one go.
- This will boost the intensity of your workouts.
- It will increase your strength and stamina.
- Your endurance will improve and you’re less likely to get tired too fast.
- The beet juice you drink has been proven to improve the time performances of runners, cyclists, and rowers.
- The powder concentrate won’t make you feel weighed down when you start your workout.
- It’s actually delicious.
- The powder also maximizes the bioavailability of the nutrients from the whole raw food.
- It’s been freeze dried to make it remain fresh, and it’s in a sterile vacuum container.
- Even the AHA has recommended drinking beet root juice to keep your heart healthy and your blood pressure normal.
Mixing powders isn’t always the best for some people, as it takes time to prepare.
Directions for Use
As a preworkout supplement, you need to mix 2 scoops with 4 to 6 ounces of water, which you should then drink right away.
This should be done 30 to 60 minutes before your workout.
For just general health, you should just get 1 scoop and mix it with 3 to 6 ounces of water.
Some Natural Sources of NO-2
If you intend to claim all these benefits of nitric oxide usage and improve its functions in your body, here are several nitric oxide supplements you should consider using.
- L-Arginine and L-Citrulline:
Arginine is the precursor amino acid for the production of nitric oxide by nitric oxide synthases.
Arginine supplements can be used to boost nitric oxide levels in the body. Usually sold in the form of supplement pills, arginine may also be boosted by diet and exercise.
In the same vein, citrulline is even more effective in boosting nitric oxide levels because it provides a longer lasting supply of arginine.
These supplements are usually taken in the form of pills and are the best energy pills because they have the fewest side effects.
- Hawthorn Extract:
Hawthorn extract has been used for cardiovascular diseases for centuries. Recent trials have demonstrated its efficacy for the treatment of heart failure, and the results of several small trials suggest it may lower blood pressure.
It aids the action of nitric oxide as it is very rich in “nitrite reductase”, a key enzyme needed for the conversion of nitrates to nitric oxide.
Also, it contains about 5% polyphenols that also help facilitate nitrite reduction while inhibiting unwanted nitrosation reactions.
The optimization of the nitrate-nitrite-NO pathway, which is built in to the GI system, has been shown to reduce blood pressure, improve endothelial function, protect from myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury, prevent inflammation, and reduce triglycerides (TGs) and C – reactive protein.
Hawthorn is also used traditionally to treat tapeworms, indigestion and other gastrointestinal complaints.
- Grape Seed Extract:
This is an extract derived from grape seed. It is also known as GSE, oligomeric procyanidin, procyanidin and OPC-3. It is not to be confused with resveratrol or pycnogenol.
Studies have shown that grape seed extract also has the ability to improve the activity of the nitric oxide synthase pathway by up to 138%.
Grape seed extract also improves arterial flow, boosts immunity, increases the aromatase enzyme and thereby helps boost testosterone levels.
Pycnogenol is also known as pine bark extract. The active ingredient in pine bark extact may also be gotten from other sources such as peanut seeds, grape seeds and the bark of the witch hazel plant.
Pycnogenol stimulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS) to promote the production of nitric oxide in the arteries and cause vasodilation.
Pycnogenol is used for treating circulation problems, allergies, asthma, ringing in the ears, high blood pressure, muscle soreness, pain, osteoarthritis, diabetes, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a disease of the female reproductive system called endometriosis, menopausal symptoms, painful menstrual cramps, etc.
Recent studies suggest that exposure to sunlight may help produce nitric oxide. This is in addition to the already established production of vitamin D that sunlight provides.
Quercetin occurs naturally in onions, garlic, chives, apples and grapes. It has a protective effect towards nitric oxide increasing its half life and prolonging its actions.
It works very well in conjunction with other flavonoids and supplements to boost nitric oxide.
- Coenzyme Q10:
This molecule occurs naturally in the mitochondria of cells and helps boost energy levels.
The body has the ability to synthesize coenzyme Q10. This ability may be interfered with by compounds such as statins.
In conditions such as this, supplementation may be required. However, there are foods rich in coenzyme Q10 such as grassfed beef, salmon, egg yolks, spinach, brazil nuts.
Niacin promotes the formation of nitric oxide synthase which in turn increases baseline levels of nitric oxide.
It also promotes good cholesterol. Niacin may also be known as nicotinamide or vitamin B3.
Niacin is also useful in conditions such as diabetes and congestive heart failure, etc.
This flavonoid has the ability to stimulate nitric oxide synthase enzyme and stimulate production of nitric oxide.
It is a member of a group of plants called “polyphenols”. Resveratrol is useful in several conditions including cancer, heart disease, diabetes and erectile dysfunction.
Icarrin is derived from the epimedium extract of the horny goat weed plant.
The active compound in the horny goat weed plant (icariin) is great for nitric oxide production, and it also acts as a mild PDE-5 enzyme inhibitor.
Where is it Produced in The Body?
Nitric oxide is synthesized in the human body by Nitric Oxide Synthases (NOS). NOS have three types which perform different functions.
Human beings have the ability to produce the nitric oxide they need by several mechanisms:
- From the amino acids L-arginine and L-citrulline via the nitric oxide synthase pathway.In the body, the enzyme nitric oxide synthase (NOS) produces nitric oxide from the amino acid arginine.
- From inorganic nitrates in food and supplements.
Contrary to their names, many nitric oxide foods do not contain any actual nitric oxide. In fact, the central ingredient in all nitric oxide foods is the amino acid Arginine (or L-arginine), and more recently citrulline malate, a more efficient source of arginine.
Nitric Oxide Booster: Any Side Effects of Excessive Use?
As it is with any other compound, too much of nitric oxide can be bad for you.
Excesses are more likely to occur when using supplements and medication to boost nitric oxide.
If you exceed the dosage recommended by the manufacturer or health care personnel, it is very likely you will experience side effects.
Even then, only about one in four people will experience side effects from using nitric oxide supplements correctly. These side effects may go away after one or two weeks of usage.
In some cases, a reduction in dosage is all that is necessary to stop side effects.
It is important to note that nitric oxide should not be taken by people who are on medications for heart disease or blood thinning medication.
Also, people using Viagra should avoid nitric oxide supplements. It is important you consult with your doctor before starting any new supplements.
Symptoms of an excess of nitric oxide include;
- Blood Pressure Changes
When nitric oxide affects blood vessels, a decrease in blood pressure is a potential side effect.
Symptoms associated with low blood pressure include headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting and loss of balance.
These symptoms may be worse when you are standing from a sitting position or when urinating. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if you are experiencing these symptoms.
As a result of the ability of nitric oxide to dilate your blood vessels, an excess of nitric oxide can cause you to feel lightheaded and faint. This usually results from a marked decrease in blood pressure.
- Increased Bleeding
Nitric oxide supplements may increase the risk of bleeding because of their ability to relax blood vessels.
Therefore, you should ask your doctor about using nitric oxide supplements if you have a bleeding disorder or you are on blood-thinning medications such as warfarin.
- Other side effects of using nitric oxide supplements include headaches, nausea, cramps, blurry vision and so on.
How to Buy Nitric Oxide Supplement?
It is important to note that although prescription drug manufacturers are closely regulated by the FDA, supplement makers find it easier to get their products on the market.
Nitric oxide supplements are sold by many different manufacturers, so it is vitally important to order only proven and successful brands only. Go here to order one or more naturally formulated and proven NO-2 products.
|Looking for the best Nitric oxide supplement for better performance, fitness and heart health? Look no further, No2 Max is the answer to your prayers. Click here to learn more|
Amazon Disclosure: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”