|EDITOR'S Note To Our Ladies: In addition to protein powders we covered in this life-changing guide for you, we'd also reviewed top BCAA supplements brands designed for women – for YOU here.|
It’s not just men who drink protein powder shakes and blends so that they can build bigger muscles.
Lots of women also try to find and drink the absolutely tastiest and effective protein powder for ladies.
It’s because it can help them achieve their fitness goals along with a proper diet and regular exercise.
Now if you’re a woman, you no longer have to make do with protein powders in general or even those designed for men.
GOOD NEWS: You now also have top level brands specifically formulated for women and your needs.
In fact, there are quite a few of them in the market these days that it may take some time for you to determine which one is the real deal – or at least for your specific fitness goals.
Whey Protein Powders for Women – Why are they so Crucial ?
It can be taken regularly to help you lose weight or maybe to just provide a nice supplement for your vegetarian diet.
Some women even wish to add more curves to their frame so they want to gain a bit of weight.
There are of course also women who wish to be stronger and build muscles.
So many women have their own fitness goals that it’s best to list the ones that protein powder can really help with:
- Helps With Weight Loss
It helps with weight loss and for this it works in so many levels.
One way this helps women shed fat is when the protein powder works as a meal replacement, and usually this can work by getting the most effective protein powder for breakfast.
You get just the right amount of calories for the day and you don’t overeat.
Whether it replaces a meal or it’s a snack in between meals, a protein powder drink can make you feel full, and keep you from being tempted by cravings for treats with much higher calorie content.
When you feel sated by a drink that tastes like Cookies n’ Cream, you forget about doughnuts in the afternoon.
In addition, the protein from the top protein powder for weight loss also encourages muscle development and having lean muscle can boost the metabolism to make weight loss more likely.
Studies have shown that with whey protein supplements and a lower-calorie diet, the reduction in fat mass and weight is much more significant compared to just dieting alone. (1)
- For Muscle Building
Some high quality brands are designed as protein powder for muscle building – formulated to help make women stronger.
As you get older, you lose more muscle mass.
It’s often difficult to build bigger muscles as you get older because it’s challenging enough to retain the muscles you already have. (2)
But you can at least hold on to your muscles and maintain your strength when you work out and drink plenty of protein powder drinks.
Besides, you women need strength to do their job properly.
Many have been in many industries which traditionally were dominated by men, and these include the military and the police force.
- Balancing Your Curves
Women can get more curves.
Many healthcare specialists emphasize that it is actually possible to be too thin. You have to be in the proper weight level in proportion to your height.
Some women are too thin, however, the premium protein powder for weight gain can correct this.
Gaining weight is often part of muscle development.
It may be more apparent in men, but women can also gain curves and lost their stick-frame bodies when they supplement their diet with protein drinks that are packed with calories and the right supplement.
You gotta admit, Beyoncé figures are now in, and have been for a very long time.
For some people, that means more calories and the right nutrients.
- Helps With Vegetarian Diets
In the US, the vast majority of vegetarians are women.
While there’s undoubtedly a “coolness” factor with vegetarianism and vegan lifestyles, it’s also true that medical experts agree that diets based on plants are actually the healthier choice. (3)
The main problem with a vegetarian diet is that for most people, meat and fish are the most convenient sources of abundant amounts of protein.
Protein is harder to find among plants, and often you may have to eat ungodly amounts of the stuff (such as nuts) to obtain the protein that women need for their day to day lives.
What more if they want more protein for greater strength?
At least with these protein powders, they can make sure that they won’t suffer from some sort of protein deficiency.
That can cause a lot of problems, including muscle loss, hair loss, and a weakened immune system.
- It’s just more convenient. You can drink your protein powder shake and be done in a few minutes, unlike with meat that you have to cook for a longer period of time.
- You can also make sure that your muscles get the protein in a timely manner. With meat, you first need to digest it and that can take a while before the protein becomes available for your muscles to use.
- Don’t forget it’s cheaper to drink protein powder shakes as well. When your diet contains a lot of meat and fish such as salmon, your budget may not be able to afford it easily.
Do Protein Supplements Really Help Women Achieve Weight Loss?
Of all the fitness goals that women have, weight loss is perhaps the most common.
That’s not surprising when you consider that 60% of women in the US are overweight or obese. (4)
So it’s understandable that this issue merits a closer look.
The mechanics of weight loss is actually simple: you need to burn off more calories than you consume in a day.
When you begin to be overweight, you consume more calories than you use up and your body converts the excess calories into body fat.
However, when you burn more calories than you consume, your body is forced to burn off the body fat to provide the energy for your physical activities, and so you shed body fat and lose weight.
This is the foundation of diet and exercise.
You reduce your calorie intake in your diet, and at the same time you increase your activities so you burn off more calories.
The protein supplementation enhance these natural course, and it has been shown that drinking well formulated protein helps you reduce your calorie intake and also helps your body burn more calories.
More Ways It Helps Reduce Excess Body Fat…
- Meal Replacement
It can work as meal replacement, and it works with basic math.
Instead of having a meal with a thousand calories, you can instead drink the protein shake and consume only about 200 calories for the meal or even less.
You’ll feel just as full, and you reduce your calorie intake by 300 calories in just one meal.
- Appetite Control
It controls the appetite and makes you feel full a lot longer.
This means you’re not apt to overeat during a meal, which encourages you to reduce your calorie intake during the day.
You’re also less likely to indulge in high-calorie snacks in between meals, as you won’t feel as hungry during these times.
You know how much your body can reduce its calorie intake?
One study showed that because you feel full, you can easily cut off up to 441 calories from your diet. (5)
It’s easy to underestimate the risk of cravings derailing your diet plans.
You may succumb to temptation once, and after that it becomes much easier to ignore your dietary restrictions.
At least with the protein powder drink, you’re less likely to feel tempted because you don’t feel hungry in the first place.
- Boosting Your Metabolism
It can also boost your metabolism and encourage your body to burn off more calories.
The muscles in your body can also help with this.
You can burn off an extra 80 to 100 calories each day.
The end result is that many studies have demonstrated weight loss as a result of taking protein supplements.
In one study, subjects on protein supplements lost 6.1% of body fat mass when coupled with a lower-calorie diet, and that’s a much greater body fat loss than with just dieting. (6)
Just remember that weight loss isn’t the main priority—it’s actually body fat loss that’s more important for your health and for your appearance.
Some slim women may gain weight even though they burn body fat because they gained more muscle too.
They’re healthier as a result, and they look good too.
Top 7 Protein Powder for Women
It’s hard to miss that some protein formulas products are meant for women, especially when the name of the product includes the explicit terms “For Her” or “For Women”.
The packaging is also hard to ignore, as there’s a preponderance of pink hues as well as images of alluring slim models on the front label.
But a closer look at the ingredients and flavors of these unique brands can best explain why they’re really meant for women and not the best choice for men.
It’s creamy enough with just water and ice, but put in some peanut butter and it’s spectacular.
While it does taste great, you do have other reasons to like it:
- It adds a nice 16g amount of protein to your diet, so it’s one way of getting protein for your muscles.
- You can use this for weight loss, as you only get 90 calories, along with just 3g of carbs and 1.5g of fat. You’ll feel full with this so you can take it as your meal or you can use it as a snack so you don’t get cravings. You won’t feel hungry for hours after just 1 drink.
- The protein is vegetable-based protein, which means that it is suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets.
- You also have lots of fruits and veggies as ingredients, so you have vitamin B12, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- You won’t have to worry about gastric issues, as this comes with a digestive enzyme blend that makes it settle in your body nicely.
- It’s free of gluten.
- It provides extra energy, help with weight loss, and protein for lean muscle mass.
- You just need a blender to properly mix the powder with water or milk plus ice.
It’s scary to consider how some food products and protein powders may be affected by synthetic feeds that aren’t quite healthy.
But this time, you know you have organic protein powder as the protein comes from the milk of grass-fed cows.
Other reasons to try this include:
- This doesn’t have anything to do with growth hormones. It only comes with safe natural ingredients and there are even no artificial sweeteners.
- It offers a hefty 20g serving of protein per drink.
- You get 110 calories, which is enough to make you feel more energetic but also just enough to support a weight loss program.
- It contains just 3g of carbs and 2g of fat.
- It tastes great. You can try the vanilla with unsweetened almond milk. You can also play around and maybe add frozen strawberries so you get a fantastic smoothie.
Are you a female athlete?
If that’s the case, an ordinary protein powder just won’t do.
You need one that contains the special ingredients that can make an athlete shine.
This NLA for Her fits that bill perfectly, for the following reasons:
- It was formulated specifically for women who are undergoing high intensity training. This is meant to provide energy for your muscles, encourage lean muscle growth, and boost muscle recovery.
- You can’t say that this provides insufficient amounts of protein, as it offers an unbelievable 28g of the stuff. You’ll get all the extra protein your muscles need to develop.
- It contains BCAAs, which can rally improve your workouts. Experts contend that women need 3 to 5 grams of BCAAs which can be taken around the time of your workout. This contains 5g of BCAAs, so you’re good to go.
- It also contains 10g of glutamine, which is considered by many as the most important amino acid for muscle development and maintenance. It boosts strength, stamina, and recovery.
- It also contains 24 essential vitamins and minerals.
The name of the protein powder pretty much signifies that this is for weight loss.
So cut down on your calorie intake, work out diligently and drink a galls or two of these a day.
Whether it’s for your snack or a meal replacement, this can work to help you lose the body fat you wish to get rid of.
- Each serving provides a blend of 7 proteins, and you get a total of 12g per serving.
- It also has healthy fiber.
- It only has 90 calories per serving, plus 2g of sugar.
- It can suppress your appetite to curb your cravings.
- Your metabolism speeds up and helps with the calorie and body fat burning.
- You have 3 flavors: Strawberry, Chocolate, and Banana.
For most of us, being extremely fit isn’t the main goal.
Just being pretty fit is more than fine.
That’s an attainable goal with this whey protein for women.
- You get 24g of protein, which is a huge amount for women. It’s ample enough for muscle and strength development.
- It’s also great for weight loss, as it only has 100 calories with 1g of carbs and 1g of fats. It boosts your metabolism while it also makes you feel sated.
- It’s extremely safe, as it is all-natural, non-GMO, gluten-free, virtually lactose-free, and hormone-free. It’s free of aspartame too.
- It has a digestive enzyme for improved absorption. No more gastric issues and you get the protein quickly.
With its features, it does deliver on its implied promise as you can get really fit and slim with the help of this protein powder.
- You get 25g of protein, which is more than sufficient for strength training.
- You also only get 3.5g of fat.
- This can work as a meal replacement, as you do get 170 calories along with 10g of carbs.
- It’s extremely safe, as it is non-GMO and gluten free, and also free of artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners. Everything’s natural.
- It’s quite creamy and delicious, so you don’t have to force yourself to drink it. It’s available in natural vanilla and natural chocolate.
That means weight loss for many of us, but you won’t get too bulky.
- This provides 24g of protein, so you’re covered for your protein needs whether you want to be stronger or you need to make sure your vegetarian diet doesn’t lead to a protein deficiency.
- For weight loss, it’s great with all the “zeroes”. It has zero sugar, zero carbs, and zero fat. It also has only 96 calories.
- It has folic acid to make your hair, skin, and nails healthier.
- It’s lactose-free as well, so no cramping expected.
- It has extra calcium and vitamin D, which help your bones fight off osteoporosis.
This is among the most popular of the protein powder for women, and it’s very clear why.
It packs just enough protein at 16g, and it only has 90 calories.
It has low carb content.
You feel full for hours.
Basically, you have everything you need to here to help you achieve your fitness goals, and it even helps with vegans as the protein is vegetable-based.
You take it as a snack or even as a meal replacement and you reduce your calorie intake while you have the nutrients you need for your workout.
It tastes great too—and that’s a big deal as well!
Are There Side Effects Women Should Be Aware of?
It can be argued that everything can be dangerous for us humans if we don’t practice moderation.
Too much water can be dangerous, for example.
So it stands to reason that protein powder can also bring some risks, and there can be side effects.
Well, the side effects depend on several factors.
Do you follow directions and don’t take more than what the directions recommend.
We have to state right out that in general protein powder drinks are safe for adult women, but not if you take too much.
When you do take too much, the likely side effects include:
- Increased bowel movements
It’s also recommended that if you’re pregnant you play it safe by not taking it, as there aren’t enough studies to guarantee its safety for pregnant women or their unborn children.
Breastfeeding women should also avoid this.
Allergies can also be a problem, so it’s an issue if you’re allergic to cow’s milk.
In some cases, the protein powder can be produced in factories where they also produce nut food products. If you’re allergic to nuts, then you better be careful.
But basically, you’re safe if you don’t take too much.
Where to Buy Protein Powder for Women?
Your best bet is to buy online.
While it is theoretically possible that you may find some protein powders for women in local health stores and groceries, the varieties are more limited.
Besides, with the added overhead costs you may have to pay more.
When you buy from an online retail store, you have a huge range of protein powder options to choose from. The prices are often lower as there’s no overhead to pay for.
It’s also a lot more convenient as you can buy stuff from your own home.
Plus, you can read honest reviews for each product and the reviews as a whole help you form your own opinion about a particular protein powder.
The usual suspects for the retail stores you need to go to are Walmart, GNC, and maybe even Costco.
The sheer number of options is terrific, plus you often get plenty of nice discounts.
The platform is extremely safe and reliable, and you get plenty of reviews to check out.
The obvious conclusions are that you should drink a protein powdered smoothie to help you achieve your fitness goal, and that you don’t have to settle for some generic protein powder supplement that’s actually meant for men.
Try to find the one that suits you among our list of the best protein powder for women.
Seriously, you have nothing to lose and too much to gain. It’s not always easy to be fit as a woman, but with the right protein powder it can get much less difficult.
Visit here to know more in detail about Clenbuterol For Women Guide
Amazon Disclosure: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”